Thursday, November 10, 2005

Cascading Evil Can Be So Damn Boring ...

President George and his cronies have suffered a reversal of fortune unlike anything we’ve ever seen. The crush of bad news for the administration seems unending. Even trying to chronicle one debacle proves to be overwhelming.

The “yellow-cake” affair itself leads in a half-dozen directions – an Italian newspaper with its own “Judy”, curiously “obvious” forged documents (and hey, what about Dan Rather and his own "obviously forged documents" – remember the rumor that Rove planted them?), visits to the White House by Italian secret agents, and so on. I can’t keep up, and this is only one of so many. So what’s a blogger to do?

I’ve found an antidote, a writer at SFGate.com – Mark Morford, so jaded and cynical that he can even make me laugh at Tom Delay. I quote …

“I think it was somewhere around my 17th article on "Scooter" Libby's duplicitous vileness or maybe it was the umpteenth piece on Karl Rove's bleak sweatiness or Tom DeLay's toothy mug-shot "I'll be skipping prison" grin, like he'd just swallowed a whole baby seal and two live puppies and was coming for your cat.“

Hook Mr. Morford up to your RSS feed, and enjoy.

No comments: