Monday, May 16, 2005

Smoking Gun Found - Left Lying on Ground


(from www.rebelgraphics.org)

and from Molly Ivins, by way of www.TomDispatch.com

Published on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 by Working for Change

They Lied to Us

Memo proves leadership knew Saddam was not a threat

by Molly Ivins

Meanwhile, back in Iraq. I was going to leave out of this column everything about how we got into Iraq, or whether it was wise, and or whether the infamous "they" knowingly lied to us. (Although I did plan to point out I would be nobly refraining from poking at that pus-riddled question.)

Since I believe one of our greatest strengths as Americans is shrewd practicality, I thought it was time we moved past the now unhelpful, "How did we get into his mess?" to the more utilitarian, "What the hell do we do now?"

However, I cannot let this astounding Downing Street memo go unmentioned.
(Click title to continue)

No comments: